Bonnie's Buttermilk Biscuits
Source: an original recipe by Bonnie Bronleewe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup shortening
- Blend dry ingredients and shortening together thoroughly with a pastry cutter.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Gently stir in buttermilk with a fork.
- Knead dough lightly (5 - 10 times) on a floured board.
- Roll out; cut; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes at 450°.
- Makes 12 biscuits.