Pie Crust for a Two-Crust Pie
(or Two Single-Crust Pies)
Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 7 - 8 tbsp. cold water
- Blend flour, salt, and shortening well.
- Mix in water 1 tbsp. at a time.
- Form dough into ball and cut in half.
- Roll out half of dough on floured surface.
- Place in pie pan; trim to fit.
- Fill according to pie recipe.
- Roll out remaining dough and cover pie.
- Trim and seal edge.
- Bake according to pie recipe.
- Makes 8 - 12 servings.
- Cover and refrigerate pie.