Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, 1953 ed.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ cups sifted enriched flour
- Heat oven to 300º F.
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar, creaming till light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour.
- On lightly floured surface, roll to ½ inch thick.
- Cut with 2 inch round cutter or into 2½ inch strips.
- Bake on ungreased cooky sheet in slow oven (300º) 25 to 30 minutes
or till very lightly browned.
- Remove from pan to cool.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen.